gtkpaned?

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Tue, 07 Nov 2000 22:23:19 -0800

Robert Graham Merkel writes:
> One nice feature that Quicken has that would be nice to implement is a
> more sophisticated main window with collections of useful financial
> information both from your own accounts and on line sources.
>
> Rather than trying to build a "super report" out of gtkhtml, complete
> with imagemapped account hierachy or something of the sort,
> isn't there a gtk container we could place multiple gtkhtml, guppi,
> and other widgets in a convenient manner?  Something like GtkHPaned
> and GtkVPaned?  These only divide in two, but is it feasible to insert
> multiple numbers of these to do further subdivision?
>
> What do you guys think.  Might this be an easier approach?

Take a look at the GnomeDock* types. These types provide the
functionality which allows you to move the menubar and icon
bars around and to tear them off. But, you can do much more
and you can put whatever you want into the 'handled' containers.

These types are already used in the main, register, and reconcile
windows.

dave