g-wrap-0.9.11 released - please test.

Rob Browning rlb@cs.utexas.edu
08 Nov 2000 23:37:55 -0600

Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> writes:

> You didn't get the merge right.  Apply this patch to fix it...

OK.  I read your other mail first, so this reply covers old ground a
bit.

> +The g-wrap package contains the libraries necessary to run
> +applications built with g-wrap.  If you wish to build applications
> +that use g-wrap, you should install the g-wrap-devel package.
> +
> +%package devel
> +Group: Development/Libraries

I think I had originally left it as Development/Tools when you had
changed it to System Environment/Libraries, but that was just a guess
on my part.  It's just that "System Environment" seemed odd to me.

"Development/Libraries", as you have it here, seems better, though
actually, I'm happy to use System Environment/Libraries if you think
that's more appropriate.  I'm sure you know more about what's kosher
in rpmland than I do.

> +Requires: g-wrap guile-devel

Sorry.  I just dropped the ball on this section.  I'll fix it.

>  %clean
>  rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
> -rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_DIR/%{name}-%{version}

This confused me a bit.  If you have a second could you give me a
little context so I'll know more-or-less what's going on with rpm's
WRT this bit?

>  %changelog
> +* Wed Nov 08 2000 Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU>
> +- Don't destroy the build directory -- RPM can do that on its own
> +- Properly build both g-wrap and g-wrap-devel (info file into -devel)
> +- currently only one info file

Actually, this mostly answers my above questions, though I still have
only a little context for what's going on.  In any case, I'll apply
this patch tomorrow when I get up and get a chance to work on g-wrap.

Thanks