Suggested transaction tax system

Jan Schrage jan.schrage@IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 14:24:14 +0100

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l

>=20
> 5) Accounts should be able to specify a default tax code for transfers
> into or from that account. This would be unset on bank and cash accounts,
> so the type of thing being bought/sold (specified by the account at the
> other end of the transfer) selects the correct default tax. In the event
> of a conflict, the user could either be asked, or it could default to no
> tax and let the user select the correct tax.
>=20
You should also be able to specify whether you enter gross or net values
into the account: If I buy something it will usually be the gross value,
but somebody who provides a service usually makes his calculation based
on net values, adding tax later.

-Jan

  Jan Schrage				schrage@ita.uni.heidelberg.de
                                http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~schrage