Dependancy problems on the latest unstable version

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 10:15:26 +1100

Dave Peticolas writes:
 > Richard -Gilligan- Uschold writes:
 > >
 > > In the KDE control center Desktop->Language the English - US option is "en"
 > > been unable to locate any script where these variable are initialized on logi
 >
 > On my system, they are set up in /etc/sysconfig/i18n.
 >

 > > 35 ~/tmpinst/g-wrap-0.9.4 root# make uninstall
 > > 36 ~/tmpinst/g-wrap-0.9.4 root# make distclean
 > > 57 ~/tmpinst/g-wrap-0.9.4 root# ./configure
 > > checking for guile-config... /usr/bin/guile-config
 > > checking for scm_boot_guile in -lguile... no
 > > configure: warning: Can not find Guile on the system
 > > checking for scm_puts in -lguile... no
 > >
 > > I didn't notice this warning before, I would think this should be an error?
 >
 > g-wrap is intended to work with other schemes, so not finding guile
 > is not necessarily an error. Try installing readline-devel and recreating
 > g-wrap.

New versions of g-wrap *do* require guile as an implementation
language, even if they are generating code for other schemes.

You *must* have a working guile installed to use g-wrap.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net