Multi-user gnucash: owner/group

Rich Shepard rshepard@appl-ecosys.com
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 06:45:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Robert Graham Merkel wrote:

> The .xac files are complete snapshots.  The .log files contain a
> record of transaction that could be re-entered, but there is no
> facility for automating that process with the current version of
> gnucash.

  Thanks, Robert. The first part I assumed, the second is good information to
have.

> Ah.  If the program exits via crashing, the .LCK and .LNK files are
> not removed.  You have to delete them yourself.

  That's what I did periodically throughout the day. Kept a terminal window
open su'd to root just for that.

> Personally, I reserve flamage for the wilfully stupid, not the inexperienced :)
> However, if you could help your wife provide as much information in
> her crash report as possible it may make the conversation more
> productive for all involved.

  Of course! In general, they occur when she is working in the checking
account register and opens an account window to edit that account
information. At some poing, I think after clicking on the
edit-account-window's OK button, it blanks then disappears, immediately
followed by the whole application shutting down. I've asked her to be aware
of what she's doing when it happens.

  Today she'll try re-subscribing to the mail list. Two evenings ago we
printed out all the docs and she read them through, so the oft-read response
of RTFM doesn't apply here.

Later,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)