Gnucash Keeps Crashing

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Fri, 01 Sep 2000 14:54:23 -0700

Pamela Alexander writes:
> Dave Peticolas wrote:
> >
> > Pamela Alexander writes:
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > I'm a neophyte to gnucash, and would be grateful for any help on why my
> > > gnucash keeps crashing! I'm running it on a Red Hat 6.1 machine and I
> > > telnet to another machine on the network to invoke gnucash.
> > >
> > > Basically, I'll be working in the checkbook register, switching back and
> > > forth between the Chart of Accounts. This will often cause the dialog
> > > box of one of them to go blank (except for the colors), and then
> > > disappear completely. Also, when I switch between virtual terminals (to
> > > access WP etc.) I can lose the file.
> >
> > What version of GnuCash are you running?
> > What version of gnome-libs and gtk+ are you using?
>
> Oops. I'm using version 1.4.2, and am using whatever was delivered with
> the Helex code.

And you are running GnuCash over a network, right? If so, this is the
second crash report we've gotten when running GnuCash over a network,
so I wonder if that is a factor.

Can you duplicate the crash consistently? Would it be possible
for you to try running Gnucash on the same machine as the X
server and seeing if you still have problems?

thanks,
dave