help needed libguile

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Sat, 02 Sep 2000 12:23:00 -0700

"Ralph F. De Witt" writes:
> Help:
> I am trying to run gnucash 1.4.4 on Suse 6.4. I downloaded the slib package a
> libguile 1.3.4 from your site now the program complains about missing
> libguile.so.4. I am new to linux so I need help in correcting problem. Thanks
> for your help in advance.

Sorry, that guile package is no longer appropriate (I will remove it).
The 1.4.4 rpm in the redhat directory is built with guile-1.3, which
comes with redhat by default.

To run on suse, you should either use the latest suse rpm on the site,
or compile gnucash from source. You could also downgrade to guile-1.3,
but I think suse ships with a later version and other packages might
require that version.

dave