Problems configuring gnucash

Niklaus Giger ngiger@mus.ch
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 21:49:47 +0200

Hello,

I have problems configuring gnucash. I am running on a Debian system, which
originally was potato. Now my sources point to kde.tydc.com, a mirror of
debian for potato and  http://auric.debian.org/~ajt/ testing main.

I do not know which libraries are missing. Output of ./configure and
gnome-config is as follows.

<...>
checking for gnome_print_context_new in -lgnomeprint... yes
Unknown library `gtkhtml'
checking for gtk_html_new in -lgtkhtml... no
configure: error: Cannot find gtkhtml.  See the README for more info.
Niklaus@K6Linux:~/gnucash/snapshot/gnucash$ gnome-config
Usage: gnome-config [OPTION]... [LIBRARY]...

Generic options
  --version     output gnome version information.
  --modversion  output the module version information.
  --help        display this help and exit.

Compilation support options
  --cflags      print pre-processor and compiler flags
  --libs        print library linking information
  --libs-only-L only print the -L/-R part of --libs
  --libs-only-l only print the -l part of --libs

Install directories gnome-libs was configured to
  --prefix  --exec-prefix  --bindir  --sbindir  --libexecdir  --datadir
  --sysconfdir  --sharedstatedir  --localstatedir  --libdir  --infodir
  --mandir  --includedir

Known values for LIBRARY are:

    glib        (calls glib-config)
    idl         (to be used with orbit-idl)
    gnome
    gnomeui
    gnorba
    gtk         (calls gtk-config)
    gtkxmhtml   (only --libs)
    zvt         (only --libs)

If LIBRARY is none of these,

    /usr/lib/<LIBRARY>Conf.sh

is looked in for the necessary information.  Those currently installed
appear to be:

gnomemm, libart, libIDL, print, xml
Niklaus@K6Linux:~/gnucash/snapshot/gnucash$

Any help is appreciated.