Non-check transaction numbers

Rich Shepard rshepard@appl-ecosys.com
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 20:40:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, Glen Ditchfield wrote:

> My ATM transaction slips have a 'sequence number' on them, and my web-banking
> transactions have a 'confirmation number' (which is actually alphanumeric). I
> append them to the transaction's Description field, mostly because that's where
> my bank puts them on monthly statements -- reconciliation seems easier when
> GnuCash and the paper statement match exactly.

  OK, that'll work for us. If you then have the checking account register
sorted by transactions, do these then float to the top, ahead of all
numbered transactions?

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)