[guppi-list] Goose needs a maintainer (fwd)

Jon Trowbridge trow@emccta.com
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 14:05:57 -0500

On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 12:52:03PM -0500, linas@linas.org wrote:
> FYI,
>
> (goose == gnu object oriented statistics environment)
>
> --linas

Yes, I'm the stepped-down Goose maintainer.

The original plan (circa 1998) was this: Goose would be a C++ library
that would provide statistical functionality for Guppi (which was then
written in C++ also).  I was focusing on Goose while Havoc developed
Guppi.

Now that I'm focusing all of my energy on Guppi, and the language of
implementation has changed to C, Goose has falled by the wayside.
Rather than just let it languish, I decided to formally abandon it in
hopes that someone else might want to come along and give it some TLC.

-JT

--
GNU/Linux: Free your mind and your OS will follow.