new text format for HTML files

Christophe Guychard Christophe.Guychard@enst-bretagne.fr
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 09:21:54 +0200

C'est un message de format MIME en plusieurs parties.

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C018AD.105F8C40

Ooops,
Sorry, it seems that I'm not able to use that @$# M$
Outlook correctly.
I fear my mistake won't be a good introduction for me :-)

What I was saying is,
Well I do not a lot about Gnucash, but I've done quite a lot
of tests and documentation with XML and Docbook (or other Dtd).

 and I think it is possible to use XML to write Gnucash docs.
I'm sure it will be more flexible than SGML file format.
First because it's more simple (I think) to write XSL than
DSSL files, so you can easily write your own "transformers"

You can have a look to XSL that have written by Norman Walsh
( http://nwalsh.com/docbook/xsl/index.html), which are easy to
use and support internationalisation.

Plus, XML is mainly SGML-compatible, and you can use most of the tools
you use to manage SGML documents with your XML.

> > > in this case we should use LinuxDoc till  somebody has a
> > support for Docbook.

 Docbook2x (see freshmeat)is quite usable

> > > In my opinion XML is still to early to be adopted right now.

I don't think so and there are  lots of softs to write, parse, search and
transform XML. Furthermore, it is really easy to have a good multi-lingual
support
with XML.

> > I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you suggesting we shouldn't use
> > DocBook? DocBook is the standard documentation format for gnome
> > programs and has recently been adopted as a wider documentation

"Je ne fais rien, c'est entendu. Mais je vois les heures passer
 - ce qui vaut mieux qu'essayer de les remplir."

E.M. Cioran, In -De l'inconvénient d'être né-

Christophe Guychard	<Christophe.Guychard@enst-bretagne.fr>

Système d'Information et Intranet
ENST-Bretagne
Brest - FRANCE

Tel. bureau: 02 29 00 12 54

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C018AD.105F8C40
	filename="Christophe Guychard (E-mail).vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Guychard;Christophe;;M.
FN:Christophe Guychard (E-mail)
ORG:;DISI
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+33 (00) 02 98 00 12 54
TEL;HOME;VOICE:+33 (00) 0298439242
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;Technop=3DF4le de =
Brest-Iroise=3D0D=3D0ABP 832;Brest;Finist=3DE8re;29285;France
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:Technop=3DF4le de =
Brest-Iroise=3D0D=3D0ABP 832=3D0D=3D0ABrest, Finist=3DE8re 29285=3D0D=3D
=3D0AFrance
ADR;HOME:;;48 rue du chateau;Brest, Finist=E8re;;29200;France
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:48 rue du chateau=3D0D=3D0ABrest, =
Finist=3DE8re 29200=3D0D=3D0AFrance
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:christophe.guychard@enst-bretagne.fr
REV:20000307T095536Z
END:VCARD