default directories

Bill Gribble grib@billgribble.com
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 08:14:39 -0500

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 03:57:42PM -0700, Dave Peticolas wrote:
> I've been thinking about this and it seems to me that it might be
> better and more convenient just to have GnuCash use the directory
> of the last opened file. Thus, the user would not need to explicitly
> set a default directory.

I would say that the first invocation of the file selector should put
you in $PWD, but after that it should return to the last place a file
was selected.  It might be nice to add a "Home" button to jump to ~ in
this case (since canceling and invoking again no longer returns one to
a default directory).

b.g.