Solaris install problem

Alan Orndorff dwarf@solarisresources.com
Sat, 09 Sep 2000 12:55:18 -0700

Jean-Claude Magras wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to launch gnucash 1.4.4 on Solaris 7/Sparcstation 5.
> The thing refuses to start and the README  instructions are too
> vague and complicated for a > 1.0.0release.
> GNC_SCM_LOAD_PATH=/usr/local/share/guile/slib/
>
> Thanks in advance for yoru help.

>From the "Readme" file:

slib: scheme libraries for guile. Need version slib2c4 or later.

find the package and unzip it or whatever to a temporary directory.

create /usr/local/share/guile/slib,  move the contents of the
temporary directory to this directory, restart gnucash.  If you run
a truss on gnucash, you'll be able to see the "file not founds", these
show up as ENOENT.

alan

--
Solaris Ultra/Intel Resources - http://www.solarisresources.com
When you open your Windows you'll see a light blue sky