xfer dialog testing

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 23:36:38 -0700

The transfer dialog in the latest cvs version of gnucash
allows you to enter expressions and have them evaluated.
I would appreciate any feedback you have about this mechanism,
as I eventually plan on incorporating it into every situation
in GnuCash where the user enters amounts, including the register.

When you are editing the amount in the transfer dialog, you can
evaluate the current expression by pressing the keypad enter key
by itself, or the main enter key with shift, ctrl, or alt.

You can also enter assignments such as 'a = 55.34' to define
variables, whose values persist between invocations of the
transfer dialog. I plan on eventually making them persist
between GnuCash invocations and providing a GUI for editing
and viewing them.

thanks,
dave