DB support?

Tom K. Weckstrom Tom.K.Weckstrom@F-Secure.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 10:37:00 +0300

I agree, that the DB involvement would make GnuCash harder to maintain, and
possibly also harder to use. However, I see scary scenarios of inscalability
with GnuCash as my accounting file grows in size in the next few years. The
startup of the program is already a time-consuming operation, and I have only
used it for one month. (Well, my PC is only P 233, but still)

I believe DB support with cache can be fast, too.

You are right about "universal/independent" thing....

An embedded DB would do just as fine for me - as long as I would always be
able to retrieve my accounting data to another system, if the development of
GnuCash would cease, for example... (but that will never happen, right? ;)

Regards,
                Tom