How do I do this?

David Keegan dksw@eircom.net
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 19:55:21 +0100

Hi,

I am considering using gnucash to track family finances. Apart from
the usual things, I need to record money owed by me to my wife and
vice versa.

If for example my wife buys some food, the transaction should hit her
bank account and the food expenses account in the normal way, but as I
am responsible for food expenses, I want at the same time to record
the fact that I now owe her the amount she spent on food.

Obviously I can use another account to represent the money I owe my
wife, and enter a second transaction which hits this account and some
other "balancing" account. This is a bit cumbersome as it involves
entering two transactions instead of one.

Is there a more streamlined way I can do this?

Thanks,
David.
--
[56 Roebuck Downs Dublin 14 IRELAND]