Can't link: `unicode_init' undefined

Jon Trowbridge trow@emccta.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 12:55:16 -0500

On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 11:37:02AM -0700, Eric Hanchrow wrote:

> I've got the latest CVS stuff (namely 1.5.2), and libgnomeprint-dev
> from Helix -- 0.23-helix1.
>
> gcc <snip>
> /usr/lib/libgnomeprint.so: undefined reference to `unicode_iconv_open'
> /usr/lib/libgnomeprint.so: undefined reference to `unicode_init'
> /usr/lib/libgnomeprint.so: undefined reference to `unicode_iconv'

"make maintainer-clean" in gnucash, re-run autogen.sh, and rebuild.

You probably upgraded gnome-print after running configure --- a
previous bug in gnome-print caused -lunicode to be dropped from the
link lines of gnome-print-using apps.  By doing the above, you force
your makefiles (and hence all of the lib-specific linking
instructions) to be regenerated.

(I've also been getting this one quite a bit w/ Guppi...)

-JT

--
GNU/Linux: Free your mind and your OS will follow.