Current release schedule

Richard -Gilligan- Uschold uschold@cs.ucf.edu
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 23:14:53 +0000

Dave Peticolas wrote:

> Here is the current release schedule for 1.6.0.
> We plan on feature freezing on April 22, with
> alpha/beta releases once a week after that.
> Assuming 2 alphas & 2 betas, we have:
>
> ---------------
>
> GnuCash 1.6 Release Schedule
>
> April 15    1.5.5
>
> April 22    1.5.6       Feature Freeze
>
> May    6    1.5.95      First Alpha
>
> May   13    1.5.96      Second Alpha
>
> May   20    1.5.97      First Beta (code freeze, only bug fixes)
>
> May   29    1.5.98      Second Beta
>
> June   3    1.6.0       Stable Release
>
> ---------------
>
> Todo List for feature freeze:
>
>  1. GUI for online price quotes
>  2. Account hierarchy export
>
> Of course, showstopper bugs might mean more
> alphas or betas, but right now I think this
> is a pretty realistic schedule.
>
> dave

I am wondering about how the handling of stock and mutual fund sales is
coming along.  The latest version I downloaded April 9, still does not
support selecting particular shares/lots to sell.  Will this be in the
1.6 version?  This capability is needed to support the tax report and
TXF export of capital gains and losses.  There was some discussion about
this last year, but I haven't seen any lately.

--

Gilligan            |                    __o           .oooO