Current release schedule

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 23:19:08 -0700

Christian Stimming writes:
> Wow. Seems I have to hurry up with all those features I'm still
> thinking of :-)
>
> OIne question though: When would be a string freeze, to give
> the translators enough time for their joib ?

I think a good date for a string freeze would be the first alpha
on May 6. After that, we should only add/change strings as necessary
to fix bugs/typos.

I don't want to get bogged down in process. If a string is wrong
and needs to be changed then we should change it. The key is just
making sure that we announce the changes.

Given the size of the documentation, I expect many translators
will only do the .po files. And doc translations can easily be
added to later stable releases.

dave