importing "web connect" files -- was importing bank qif file

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 14:36:09 -0700

Nathan "A." Smith writes:
> Hi again,
>
> When I posted my last question, I was under the impression that online
> banks used qif files -- that was a poor assumption.  My bank (as well as
> many others) are using web connect.  Web connect uses a new format based
> of of xml (as of version 2.0).  This new format (ofx, I think) is talked
> about on gnucash.org -- but it doesn't talk about were it is now.  Can I
> get an update?
>
> As I stated before, the new oxf format must meet the xml standards.
> Thus a parser such as expat (used for mozilla) should be easily added to
> gnucash.  How to go from there I am not sure.
>
> If anyone could tell me were you are on that and how I may help, please
> drop a line.

We haven't made any progress in supporting OFX. The next stable
version (1.6.0) will be using XML for the native gnucash format,
so a parser is already available (gnome-xml).

If you would like to work on an OFX importer, that would be great.
The OFX specification is available online:

http://www.ofx.net/ofx/default.asp

dave