QIF imports and stock ticker symbols

David Hampton hampton@rainbolthampton.org
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 23:18:46 -0700

bill> The commodities are created in the function
bill> qif-import:update-stock-hash in qif-dialog-utils.scm.  The hash the
bill> name refers to is a hash of QIF security name to gnc_commodity*; this
bill> table is walked in the C code to build the druid pages.

I've changed and tested the QIF import code to parse and store the
name/ticker symbol values as part of the same <qif-file> object that
contains all the rest of the data from a given file.  I've added code
to qif-import:update-stock-hash to extract the ticker symbol, validate
it, and pass it to gnc:commodity-create.  My problem now is that in
this function, I don't see where I have access to the <qif-file>
object containing the stock name to ticker symbol data.  Is there a
back-pointer in the acct-hash entries or somewhere that points to the
data from which it was created?  I can't find anything.  I also
checked the calling routine but it appears that the druid import code
is will past the point where it is maintaining the wind->selected_file
variable, which I was hoping would be another way to access the
<qif-file> object.  Walking the wind->imported_files list isn't an
option.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

David