"Welcome to Gnucash-1.6" report

Bill Gribble grib@billgribble.com
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 15:47:34 -0500

I'm thinking about a "Welcome to Gnucash-1.6" report that would appear
by default in the top-level MDI window the first time you open an MDI
session (as would happen the first time you run gnucash-1.6 after an
upgrade from gnucash-1.4).  It would be nice to have a default
multicolumn report with a useful set of stuff: account summary, a
couple of pie charts, etc laid out nocely with some purty eye candy.

Of course you can just close the window and it will go away forever if
you don't like it, or you can edit the report options to change the
layout or content.

The purpose of this message is to solicit input on what should go in
this window.  Keep in mind that I have locally created another report
(I'll submit to Dave today) called "Frame URL" that can embed any
network URL in an <iframe> as a report; it might be useful to frame
some network content in the Welcome page.  If we can make some
simplified pages on gnucash.org (or gnumatic.com) that have snippets
of dynamic information like release notes, bug alerts, etc those might
be nice things to put in a sidebar.

Thoughts?

b.g.