Suggestion for 1.6: "Hidden Accounts"

Klaus Ridder klaus.ridder@gmx.de
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 12:19:02 +0200

Hi Again!
besides my suggestions for EUR and VAT, which probably win't make it into
1.6, a small, but effective suggestion, which probably won't be _too_
difficult to implement:

I have created a very complex accounting system wuth more than 100 accounts.
A lot of them are project accounts of completed projects, which I will never
use again.
It would be great to add a flag "Account is inactive" to the account
properties, and add a button "show inactive accounts" to the main window.
The account is then not visible until I push the button "show invisible
accounts too". Then (and that's important!) all hidden accounts are
displayed in dark grey (instead of black) to easily distinguish them from
active accounts.

Inactive accounts should not be visible in the register drop-down-list!
if you need to book to an inactive account (which will nearly never happen -
you have your reason why the account is inactive) you have to mark it active
again.
This has also the advantage that you cannot acidently acces an inactive
account.

Would be great if it would be possible to implement that!

Regards,
Klaus Ridder