GnuCash unstable 1.5.6 does not start up

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 23:33:19 -0700

Richard -Gilligan- Uschold writes:
> I just updated my 1.5.5 to the latest unstable: 1.5.6
>
> cvs -d :pserver:cvs@cvs.gnucash.org:/home/cvs/cvsroot login
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:cvs@cvs.gnucash.org:/home/cvs/cvsroot update -dP
>
> Compile it without guppi:
> ./autogen.sh --enable-opt-style-install --disable-guppi
> --prefix=/opt5.6  > & autogen.err.txt
> make >& make.err.txt
> make install > make.install.txt
> chmod -R o+rX /opt5.6
>
> It compiled with no errors.
>
> I get the following error when I run it:
>
> This is a development version. It may or may not work.
> Report bugs and other problems to gnucash-devel@gnucash.org.
> The last stable version was gnucash-1.4.11.
> The next stable version will be gnucash-1.6.0.
>
> ERROR: In expression gnc:*book-closed-hook*:
> ERROR: Unbound variable: gnc:*book-closed-hook*

This is a bit odd. It's possible you were updating
at about the same time that changes were going in.
Make sure you have version 1.10 of src/scm/hooks.scm.

cvs status src/scm/hooks.scm

if you don't, you'll need to update your whole tree.

dave