Gnucash 1.5.6 & Python

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 15:52:39 +1000

 On Sat, 28 Apr 2001 13:13:22 Nathan A. Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been
trying to run the latest gnucash, but when I do I get the
> following errors:
>
> Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
> Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
> 'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
> Fatal Python error: couldn't import os
> Aborted (core dumped)
>

> What does this mean? And how do I fix it? I could assign PYTHONHOME to
> /usr/lib/python2.1/ and that gets rid of the first 2 lines. But what
> does the rest mean? Thanks

This appears to be a problem with your guppi installation - no other part
of GnuCash uses python (and GnuCash doesn't use guppi's python interface
anyway).

If you built guppi yourself, and only use it for gnucash, you could try
building guppi without python support (use the --disable-python
configuration option).

By the way, that has to be the coolest login I've seen :-) --
Robert Merkel
rgmerk@mira.net

Go You Big Red Fire Engine
-- Unknown Audience Member at Adam Hills standup gig