gnucash currently unusable with DEM+EUR currencies!

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 23:59:58 -0700

Christian Hammers writes:
> Hello
>
> My bug reports to bugs.gnome.org bounced so I try it this way.
> Currently i.e. 1.5.5, 1.5.6 and CVS are all unusable for my (german
> localized) linux (Debian unstable distribution) due to bugs in the
> transaction code.
>
> E.g. CVS:
>
> I try to transfer DEM 1,234.56 via meta account that is in currency DM and
> with "share" EUR to a EUR bank account.
>
> I enter: 123456 it makes 1234 + 14/25. Hmm ok I think. Select the field again
> with the mouse and then click one field below and suddenly it changes again
> to 12,90 (US notation: 12.90). Hey...
> But ok, then I will just transfer 12.90 don't have much money anyways.
> I click on the target account and it automatically selcts my transfer
> meta-account and knows about the 1.95582 factor for DEM<->EUR. Well done.
>
> I click on the xchg rate and somewhere else and it calculates: 6,60 (US: 6.60
> )
> good again.
>
> Now: My income has DEM 12.90 added (ok) but the meta-exchange-account has
> the following transaction booked:
> 		shares	price 	  buy 	sell
> 		0.66	19.5455  12.90
> 	       -0.66	19.5455		12.90
> Strange. The target account has then only EUR 0.66 added :-(
>
> Further I didn't come as after clicking the target account gnucash went
> away saying the last words:
> Gdk-ERROR **: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
>   serial 141108 error_code 2 request_code 12 minor_code 0
>

> This was CVS. The other version do not differ very much.
>
> Please, please fix it, it's since Chrismas that I check every two weeks if
> gnucash is stable enough to use it for my home finances...

Thanks for the bug reports. Could you try it again with current CVS?
I believe I have fixed the problem. Also, if you're looking for a
stable version of gnucash, I recommend using 1.4.11.

dave