Module system: last call for objections

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
02 Aug 2001 10:59:00 -0400

grib@billgribble.com (Bill Gribble) writes:

> > Any reason you can't just make this:
> > 	void gnc_module_init(int refcount);
>
> That makes sense; I'll make the change. It should return 'int' though.

Indeed.  My bad, there.  I was copying from 'on_load()' instead of
'init()'.  Yes, it should return int. :)

> ATM I assume that if you can load it the first time (gnc_module_init
> returns TRUE) you can run the on_load in subsequent times, but that
> doesn't really follow, does it?

That's sort of what I thought.

> > Similarly here:
> > 	void gnc_module_end(int refcount);
>
> I agree with this too.  The main thing is to be sure it's clear
> whether the refcount is pre- or post-{load,unload}.

Good question.  Part of me feels that the ref-count should be
post-{load,unload} in all cases, but I'm not sure about that.  Another
part of me things it should be pre-load and post-unload, but that can
get confusing, too.

Question: is it possible for the 'end()' function to fail?