Unrealized/Realized Gains and Losses

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
02 Aug 2001 17:48:10 -0400

Along this vein,

I'd like it if Gnucash handled loans better.  I'd like to setup a
'loan' account where I set an initial balance and payment schedule,
and then I can keep track of the amount of interest and principal paid
each payment.  That way I can always see:
	a) how much interest I "spent", and
	b) my current principal balance on the loan

Perhaps this isn't quite 'depreciation' or 'unrealized gains and
losses' but it is a similar repeating transaction series over time.