Module system: last call for objections

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
03 Aug 2001 08:38:34 -0400

Yes, the RPC subsystem was built as a backend (at least that's where
it fits in the architecture).  The 'GUI-client' winds up using RPC for
all it's storange needs (which is what a Backend is for).  But you're
right that the non-GUI-server doesn't really use RPC as a Backend, per
se, but the server-side code is shared with the client-side code.  RPC
is sort of like that. ;)

-derek