configure-fault in gnucash 1.6.2

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
27 Aug 2001 00:13:06 -0700

--=-I3oa0hvrDhe+PJoWaHHn

On Sun, 2001-08-26 at 11:19, karsten reincke wrote:
> hello;
>=20
> while updating the gnome-installation-guide i've met the follwoing fault
> concerning the installation of gnucash:
> after having done
> =20
> (1) tar -xzvf gnucash-1.6.2.tar.gz
> (2) cd gnucash-1.6.2=20
> (3) ./configure --prefix=3D/opt/gnome
> i got the following output:
> [...]
> checking for catalogs to be installed...  da de en_GB es fr it ja no pt_P=
> ru sv
> checking for nl_langinfo and D_FMT... yes
> checking for glade_init in -lglade... yes
> checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
> checking for dbopen... no
> checking for dbopen in -ldb1... yes
> checking for db_185.h... yes
> checking for db1/db.h... yes
> checking for xmlElemDump in -lxml... no
> configure: error: libxml 1.8.3 or newer required for GnuCash
> [...]

Hmm, it seems a check we added for libxml >=3D 1.8.3 is breaking
for the latest version. Try this, search for the following lines
in configure.in and remove them:

AC_CHECK_LIB(xml, xmlElemDump, [:], [
  AC_MSG_ERROR([libxml 1.8.3 or newer required for GnuCash])
  ])

Then rebuild configure and try reconfiguring.

dave

--=-I3oa0hvrDhe+PJoWaHHn

--=-I3oa0hvrDhe+PJoWaHHn--