Comments, Observations, and some XML file format questions

cbbrowne@hex.net cbbrowne@hex.net
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 20:35:53 GMT

> Paul Lussier <pll@mclinux.com> writes:
> > However, my motivation for the cmd line utilities was not a
> > poor-man's implementation of scheduled transactions, rather, as a way
> > for me to quickly add/duplicate transactions without having to bring
> > up the GUI, which can be quite painful over a 56K line while I'm here
> > at work, etc.

> Ahh, that's what client-server systems are for.  You have your Gnucash
> client that connects to your SQL server.  That should work fine for
> your 56K link ;)

.. But if the connection has to be synchronous, that means that the SQL server
has to be accessible all the time.

The fact that /etc/init.d/postgresql probably starts it up nicely means that
this is less of a challenge than ensuring that GnuCash is up and running; it
would still be kind of nice to serialize the transactions, and so lead to not
needing for any server to be running at
all...