Comments, Observations, and some XML file format questions

Nathan@unos.net Nathan@unos.net
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 09:12:09 -0700 (PDT)

On 27 Aug, Paul Lussier wrote:
<snip>
> The reason behind my question is this.  I want to write some
> (perl-based) command-line utilities to manipulate the file to do
> things like add/clone transactions, but I need to know how to access
> some of the existing transactions.
<snip>

I've been thinking about a similar thing.  It seems to me that such a
utility could be coupled with cron to provide a really simple way to do
scheduled transactions, something gnucash doesn't currently support
(AFAIK - just started lurking) and is on the requested feature list.  Of
course, it's only a "simple way" for those of us who know cron, but
since gnucash's installed user base seems to be primarily geeks right
now, that would give us something to hold us over until we get a
"user-friendly" way.

> I have looked at it a little bit, but I'd rather get an explanation
> for those of you who designed the format before I dive in and make a
> bunch of (possibly) wrong assumptions :)
<snip>

I'd be interested in seeing this specification also.

Have fun,

Nathan 'Nato' Uno