Default cell widths?

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
02 Dec 2001 17:29:14 -0800

--=-xcLW6rIQa6EI6vOXHzf0

On Sun, 2001-12-02 at 09:43, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Dave Peticolas <dave@krondo.com> writes:
>=20
> > As you seem to have discovered, the cell default
> > widths are configued via sample text. The reason
> > for this is that setting arbitrary values for defaults
> > is brittle in the face of different font and i18n settings
> > for different users.
> >=20
> > dave
>=20
> Yea, I wish that were documented somewhere.  I spent about 12
> man-hours trying to figure that out. :(
>=20
> OBTW, take a look at the new Order Entry dialog.  In particular, try
> clicking on the datecell popup button to bring up the calendar.
> You'll see that the calendar comes up within the frame but the frame
> is too short, meaning you lose the bottom row or so (at least with my
> dimensions).
>=20
> Other than making the window larger (which I think I might do
> anyways), do you have any suggestions?  Is there something I can do to
> have the date widget popup on top of the window rather than inside the
> window?

No, the register popups are part of the register canvas, so they
will always be inside the window. I tried making them separate
windows but was not successful. There are lots of complications
involving keeping the windows in sync and handling mouse & key
events correctly that I wasn't able to solve.

dave

--=-xcLW6rIQa6EI6vOXHzf0

--=-xcLW6rIQa6EI6vOXHzf0--