Componentizing configure.in?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
03 Dec 2001 10:04:39 -0500

Is it really that bit a deal?  Most normal users should be using the
"stable" distribution which has already been autogen'ed.  Is there any
particular reason you can't autogen the code on one system and then
copy the sources to another?  Yes, I realize that that, too, is a
PitA.

If you go the modularization route, my only request is that
   ./autogen.sh
defaults to pulling in everything.

-derek