More on Crash in QIF importer (1.6.4)

Bill Gribble grib@linuxdevel.com
05 Dec 2001 11:06:26 -0600

On Wed, 2001-12-05 at 11:00, Derek Atkins wrote:
> a gnc_numeric shouldn't ever have a denominator of zero -- this implies
> that something is not initializing the gnc_numeric properly.

That's not quite right ... denom == 0 is the error condition, and if
denom==0 the numerator indicates what type of error occurred.

Certainly the code that Steve pointed to is dodgy at best.  But I think
he pointed out that fixing it didn't help anything, so his crash lies
elsewhere.

Steve, are you able to get a backtrace or any other diagnostic
information?

b.g.