Feature

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 10:08:13 -0600

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 10:55:51AM -0500, Derek Atkins was heard to remark:
> linas@linas.org (Linas Vepstas) writes:
>
> > The engine part which splits a dataset into pieces is mostly done.
> > Not done is the part that manages all the different files, nor the GUI
> > for managing any of this.  Viewing multiple files at once may be hard
>
> Well, this _was_ part of the goal for using Sessions -- if you're
> viewing multiple files you potentially have multiple sessions open at
> once.  This way data in file 1 stays separate from the data in file 2.

Yes.  Although there is a certain convenience to having one session
manage related books. (i.e. by means of guid's, if I have one book
open, read from a file, I can deduce the other books are files as well.
I dunno, still thinking this thorough a little bit.)

> Although then we might have to think about what happens if you try to
> copy information from one file to another..

Well, actually, it almost sorta works.  I've got some code to correctly
move transactions from one book to another. Its not tested.  Its not
integrated.

-------
There are still some hard parts, such has how to deal with a query that
asks for multiple years worth of info.  For some of my graphs, I would
very much like to look at many years worth of data...

I'm proceeding one step at a time for now.

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>