Scheduled transaction entry idea

Tim Wunder twunder@iwmail.com
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 15:32:48 -0500

Previously, Josh Sled chose to write:
> On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 09:52:48PM -0500, Tim Wunder wrote:
> | Further detail on how to make the credit/debit formula a variable would
> | be helpful. Where can I find that info?
>
> Any non-numeric bits in the "credit/debit formula" will become a variable
> name.  Standard/basic math operators are respected as well... so, entering:
>
> "foo + ( bar / baz )"
>
> ...in a SX template split would bring up a clist entry in the
> since-last-run dialog, asking for values to bind to the variables so it can
> evaluate the expression.

Finally got around to trying this and it works. Seems like it's a good base,
anyway. You need to provide a mechanism for entering a check number, at
least.

Also, with scheduled transactions in a checking account, it seems the only
way to change the check date is to manually edit it. Given that, shouldn't
the check date default to the current date rather than to the scheduled due
date?

There's some funkiness regarding using the Enter key when creating a
scheduled transaction. When in the middle of entering amounts, if I press
Enter, I'm kicked out of the entry dialog and nothing is saved. If I've
completed my entries, nothing happens when I press Enter, I must click OK to
close the dialog.

When I created an SX for my two Mutual Funds, there was no way to enter the
share price and number of shares, just the dollar amounts. Is there a way to
get that info into the SX?

Don't know if this has changed much, I haven't updated from CVS since
November 23rd.

Regards,
Tim