Generalized Query?

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
17 Dec 2001 17:18:16 -0800

--=-8rhEx+71HpA7tHCfO4xt

On Mon, 2001-12-17 at 17:00, Derek Atkins wrote:
> So, any ideas what it should look like?  I'm truly at a loss, but
> I'm just about to the point where I need to have such a beast
> to plug into the rest of GC.

I'd need to think about it a bit more, but my initial
impression is that it would be a similar mechanism as
for the engine, with things like sort_type_t, pr_type_t,
and maybe pd_type_t becoming strings instead of enumerations.

Then you would need api for registering new types and their
handlers. The basic api for constructing a query would then
be adding a new PredicateData element to the query and the
existing query construction api could be implemented as wrappers
of that. Does that make sense?

dave

--=-8rhEx+71HpA7tHCfO4xt

--=-8rhEx+71HpA7tHCfO4xt--