Feature request: user programable input dialogue box

Jeff Warnica jeffw@chebucto.ns.ca
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 20:37:14 -0400 (AST)

Hi all..

I dont know where this idea fits in the grand scheme of things, but Ive
come up with what would definitly help me, and probabaly others..

Weekly we do a deposit here in the office.. At that point I record income
from sources moving into the 'office' account, and then moving money from
the office account to bank accounts, and an expense account. (savings,
visa, and visa charges FWIW).

Every week the same things happens. $0 or more money is put into an asset
account from each of ~10 income accounts. And $0 or more is moved from an
asset account to each of 3 other accounts.

Id like to automate this, either internaly to the GUI of gnucash, or
through some command line script. Im working towards being a perl guy, so
that would me my choice for languages, and while I could do it brute force
updating the xml file, or even slightly smarter by using some of the XML
perl modules, since I feel Im dealing with gnucash data, not XML, Im
looking for a set of gnucash modules... Or pointers on how to develop this
in the GUI.

Hopefully that makes some amount of sense...

Thanks.