Bugs and other things in the reports

Bill Gribble grib@gnumatic.com
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 09:14:54 -0600

On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 10:04:51AM +1100, Conrad Canterford wrote:
> With Account summary, (and a quick and unproffessional timing test), the
> 8th "apply" took about 20 seconds to refresh, whereas the first took
> about 8.

Wow.  I'm assuming this means that Queries on your machine are
abysmally slow :( Fixing the caching and memory leak problems will
help this a lot, but it still doesn't bode well for using reports as
the primary user interface, which we are planning to do.  Let me do
some experiments.

> I'm suspicious of the guppi chart, personally.

On some machines (mine at least) the guppi chart won't appear until
you move the mouse.  Don't ask why, nobody knows.  Does that affect
your results any?  (only the first time matters, we know subsequent
ones will be slower until these bugs fixed).

Thanks,
Bill Gribble