scheduled transactions

Bill Gribble grib@gnumatic.com
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 08:51:37 -0600

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 09:55:35PM +1000, Phillip J Shelton wrote:
> How can/should this time-mgmt stuff be thought of against the
> financial lib?  Are you still thinking of having the financial
> equations library or has the need gone away??

I think we still need it, though for our short-term needs we're
working around it.

It's unclear exactly what the relationship should be.  For us, much of
the time management gets involved at the database query stage, before
the financial lib in the computation chain.  That's not always true;
of course you have to use time for all kinds of financial functions,
but the more complicated interval-related things I don't think are so
much involved.

I'll just take the straw-man position that the standard Unix 'timeval'
and 'struct tm' are probably all you'll need to expose in the API, and
those are fine with me.

If that proves not to be true, let's keep talking about it.

b.g.