ANNOUNCE: postgres backend beta

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 00:30:53 -0600

Hi,

I beleive that the postgres backend for sql is now officially 'beta'.
It seems to mostly work for most things, but hasn't been heavily tested.
Instructions for how to build it, and how to use it are in the
src/engine/sql/README file in cvs.

Compile it. Wack on it. Send patches.  I'm not sure I want to hear bug
reports, though ... its late & i'm tired ...

Note also: what's really in beta is just the 'single-user' mode of
operation.  There's a variety of prototype code for multi-user modes,
and it sort-of works, but there are still large areas of missing
function.  (There is a safety lockout mechanism in place, so that
single-user-mode users can't access multi-user-mode databases, & vv.
the default access mode is 'single-user' right now.).

--linas