Gnucash CVS.

Bill Gribble grib@gnumatic.com
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 09:17:11 -0600

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 08:24:52PM -0600, Kevin Finn wrote:
>      Actually, you see this with LANG=en as well if you bump your
> default font size up to 140 from the default of 120.  Although I would
> almost think it's more than just the font size itself, because if I grab
> the right-hand side of the window and drag it larger, I see much more of
> the "Background Pixmap" text entry and a "Browse" button that was
> totally off the right side of the window.  The change in size of the
> window that's necessary to see the whole thing is much larger than the
> difference in font size it seems.

I wish I knew how to fix this.  Gtk is not very good at introspection
AFAICT; you can't get it to tell you how big a window "wants" to be
and for some windows it will just make them postage-stamp-sized unless
you specify an explicit size.  This needs to get fixed, though.  I'll
pop up on #gtk and see if I can get some advice.

>      Also, if I close the style sheets window and then attempt to select
> it again from the menu, it can't be opened again.  The attempt to
> re-open it generates this error:
>
> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 1425 (gtk_widget_show):
> assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed.

That's what I get for never using the WM "close" button.  I'll fix
this today.

Thanks,
b.g.