QIF Import fails out of CVS

Bill Gribble grib@gnumatic.com
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:22:54 -0600

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 06:02:54PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hey, try this patch to gnc-helpers.c instead of yours.  I think this
> version of scm_to_gint64 should work in all cases (even large numbers
> ;)

Wait a minute... I looked at your patch again, and if I'm not mistaken
it has the same problem as the original code: you can't ensure that
both arguments to scm_logand are fixnums.  You can guarantee that they
would fit within the RANGE of a fixnum, but that's depending on
scm_ash to return a fixnum result for a bignum arg just because it
"could" (i.e. the result would fit), and that's pretty
dubious.. certainly not guaranteed.

Am I misinterpreting your patch?  I *am* very tired.

b.g.