QIF Importer code: unused (or underused) variables

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
19 Feb 2001 14:59:40 -0500

Bill,

Is there any particular reason you have this coded in this particular
way?  In qif-to-gnc.scm, around line 440 +/-, you have:

                 (let ((gnc-far-split (gnc:split-create))
                       (cat (qif-split:category qif-split)))

                    ((and (not (string=? cat ""))
                          (qif-split:category-is-account? qif-split))
                     (set! far-acct-info
                           (hash-ref qif-acct-map
                                     (qif-split:category qif-split))))

Why isn't this last line:
                           (hash-ref qif-acct-map cat)))

Indeed, you do this in a couple of places, where you define a local
variable and use it for some things but not for others.  There are
other places where you define a local variable but never use it, for
example in qif-file:read-file in qif-file.scm, you define
valid-acct-types but you never use it (even though you do use the
value later in the procedure).

Mind if I help clean this up?  Or should I assume that you know about
it and you'll clean it up later?