what package includes "iostream.h" (Still trying to build unstable)

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
19 Feb 2001 23:09:57 -0500

Richard -Gilligan- Uschold <uschold@cs.ucf.edu> writes:

> I installed:
> egcs-c++-1.1.2-34mdk.i586.rpm
> egcs-1.1.2-34mdk.i586.rpm
> egcs-cpp-1.1.2-34mdk.i586.rpm
>
> which put iostream.h in /usr/include/g++-2/, but I get the same error as
> before.  Is there some configuration file that identifies where these
> include files are located?

Generally, no.  Standard header-file location is part of
the compiler suite.  If you don't have iostream.h, then you
probably have a broken compiler installation (or at least
a broken C++ subsystem).

Honestly, I have no idea why you're having such a hard time
with this.  It sounds like you've completely de-stabilized
your machine, almost to the point where I'd recommend that you
re-install it to a known state and start over again.  I understand
that may not be a reasonable option, but the day you spend re-installing
your machine is probably less than the number of days you've spent
trying to get Gnucash compiled.

Good Luck,