libguile.so.9 trouble

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net (Robert Graham Merkel)
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 07:26:04 +1100

Olaf Marc Zanger writes:
 > hi there,
 >
 > on my suse 7.0 system with suse-gnucash 1.4.9
 >
 > with the rpmfind guile-1.3-7.i386.rpm installed i get the following error
 > message
 > --------------------------------
 > maxwest@sino:~ > : error in loading shared libraries: libguile.so.9: cannot
 >

 > with the suseRPM guile-1.3.4-133.i386.rpm installed i get the following error
 > message
 > maxwest@sino:~ > gnucash: error in loading shared libraries:
 > /usr/lib/libguile.so.9: undefined symbol: qt_error
 >
 > a locate libguile.so
 > -----------------------
 > maxwest@sino:~ > locate libguile.so
 > /usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib/libguile.so
 > /usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib/libguile.so.2
 > /usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib/libguile.so.2.0.0
 > /usr/lib/libguile.so
 > /usr/lib/libguile.so.6
 > /usr/lib/libguile.so.6.0.0

Neither guile 1.3 nor 1.3.4 provides libguile6.  Guile 1.4 does.
For some reason, it appears that whomever built the SuSE rpm built
against guile 1.4 (and libguile.so.9), but many SuSE users have
an earlier version.

If you can find a working guile 1.4 RPM for SuSE, install that and
your problems should go away.  Otherwise, the person who built the
SuSE package really should rebuild for guile 1.3.4.  Could whomever
that is please comment?

 > i found all other stuff that should be installed with other locate's
 >
 > if i want to install gnucash 1.5.3 on the suse under yast it says
 > -------------------------------
 > can't get PREIN for gnucash-1.5.3.rpm

Unsure (I'm not an expert on RPM) but itappears that the 1.5.3 RPM is
either corrupted (which you can check by downloading it again), or is
built using a more recent RPM.

1.5.3 is a *development* version, BTW.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

<telsa> I left my client on #gtk+ overnight and there was nothing
in scrollback at all except quit/rejoins.
<bighead> telsa: well its been that for, I think 3 days now
(ever since started coming back on IRC)
<telsa> Clearly they are busy implementing telepathy,
and dog-fooding it. :)