Access Controls

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
02 Jan 2001 16:08:53 -0500

<linas@linas.org> writes:

> I suggest posting the demo code somewhere when you have it shaken
> out (including a thorough explanation of why this is an important
> feature/'good thing').   Can you abstract the interfaces to something
> generic?

I plan to do so, once I work out a few kinks.  In particular, it's
still possible to deadlock in a few situations (I explained this in my
longer email).  There are also certain limitations that I need to
think through.  However, this code is completely generic with respect
to GnuCash.  It's a generic ONC-RPC transport type and you could use
it for (just about) any RPC program.  Indeed, my sample is currently
just a 'Hello World' client/server. :)

> Is there some sort of rpc-special-interest-group, with a mailing
> list or web page, that this would be a suitable submission for?

Good question.  I don't know of any.  However, I think that they
wouldn't be completely interested because this puts some extra
limitations on what you can/cannot do.  And some places are a bit
kludgy.  Again, see my long mail for a more "coherent" explanation.