audit trail, take 2

David Merrill dmerrill@lupercalia.net
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 17:06:03 -0500

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 04:36:31PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> David Merrill <dmerrill@lupercalia.net> writes:
>
> > - a single table; no separate audit table.
> > - the client doesn't work directly with guids, but instead works with
> >   an "ID" field that does not change when records are edited. The guid
> >   stays globally unique. The client still has access to the guid, if it
> >   wants it.
>
> I presume then that the guid can be used as a 'version number' to make
> sure that the data is current?  I.e., the client can verify that the
> GUID of the object they are editing is the most recent entry in the
> train?

It could use it that way, sure.

Linux Documentation Project                dmerrill@lupercalia.net
                                       Finger me for my public key

Three from the hall beneath the tree
	Is, Was, and Shall Be
Come Wyrd Sisters swoop to the ground
Loosen the web that binds us down
Join with the hands of the Weavers Three
	Is, Was, and Shall Be
		-- Is, Was, and Shall Be, Beverly Frederick