Problems with decimal point (gnucash 1.4.8, LANG=de_CH)

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Wed, 03 Jan 2001 15:22:30 -0800

Niklaus Giger writes:
> I start using gnucash for my personal accounting this year.
>
> Now it bothers me (I didn't notice it when I tested gnucash last July) that
> "." is used as a thousand separator instead of the decimal point.
>
> My environment is as follows:
> Debian (+/- unstable)
> KDE2 as GUI
> gnucash 1.4.8
> I have enter manually in my shell "export LANG=de_CH; export LANGUAGE=de"
> before starting gnucash in order to make gnucash recognize my preferred
> language.
>
> Is there a problem with my setup or with gnucash?

I don't think so -- on my system, LANG=de_CH gives you a locale
where '.' is the thousands separator and ',' is the decimal point.

If you want to switch back, but still use the 'de' translations, use

export LANG=de_CH
export LC_MONETARY=en_US

dave